I stroll through life following my Lord. At times, I have not liked the paths He has led me down. Some valleys have been darkened by grief and heartache; they were deep, sad chasms. But faithfully, gently He carried me. His ways are past finding out and for that I am grateful. Christ is my Rock, my firm foundation. And through His love, I am finding joy in life and peace in Providence.
It's the the little things that make life worthwhile for me. A quiet evening with my family...singing, playing games, reading the Word together. Seeing the rain splash on the driveway, hearing the thunder, seeing the lightning. Feeling a warm breeze brush my face and mess my hair. Breathing in the scent of orange blossoms on a chilly night. Laughing at old jokes with friends and creating new ones. Photographing a face of any kind: wrinkled, smooth, dark, or light. Capturing their souls, each one unique. I enjoy viewing life around me in all its forms: the developing personality of a child, flowering buds, baby goats, families gathered together, the trees growing ever taller...
::I am Anna, herein lie my daring exploits. The day-by-day adventures of Living Under Grace::

Thursday, April 8, 2010

::Welcome Spring...and other randomness::

I smell Spring...quite literally.The orange blossoms are in full bloom down here. They smell especially amazing at night, the cool air holds and enhances the scent amazingly well!  :)

I've been busy.  Verrrrry busy!
Between the parties, church meetings, music performances, online classes, photography gigs, and LIFE...my posts have been non-existent recently.  Hoping to give a brief synopsis of life right now.

Well, I started reading Treasure Island today...arg.  First chapter, done!
I left Jim Hawkins in his house with an unconscious, tatood Billy Bones after a wild, bloody escapade with Black Dog the pirate.
O.O
I may have to return to that soon, the suspense is killing me.  
It's been a long time since I've read a book for pleasure, it's been mostly school recently (which is now done!).  Boy is it nice.


Photobucket
Last Summer, we had a TON of trees taken down.  The lack of wind "shieldage" caused this young sapling to lose it's top a week ago.  Poor little fella.  :(

I've been wanting to plant lots of new fruit trees where the old diseased orange trees grew.  I'm thinking fig.  Hmm...yes, I like figs, fresh figs!  Capital idea, me!  *pats self on back*

Also, there's this lovely tree that blooms in the Autumn time here in FL.  The blossoms come out this gorgeous coral color, the trees are awash with them from about September till November.  I WANT!!  So, when I brought up this wonderful idea to my dad, I got...the look.  That lovable, hilarious sideways glance that says, "What an interesting idea, Anna...I'm about to poke fun at it."

So he dutifully proceeds to tell me what a pain this tree is when all those lovely blooms dye and pepper the ground.  Tells me about how much work it would be.
During this nice, fatherly lecture...my eyes begin to glaze over, my smile grows plasticized, and the only thought in my head is, "But it's PRETTY!!!  I want!" 
Then, as if to further convince me of my folly, he bestows a loving name on this amazing piece of nature.  He calls it a...
Pain in the ____ Tree
(I left that word out intentionally, because I am too reserved to blog the word "butt.")
So yes...father knows best, and I have yet to plant one.  OH!  Perhaps I'll plant one all secret-like, in the dead of night.  There's an idea...yeeeees. >:)


Photobucket
ANYway...I love how our yard is almost completely covered with these lovely wildflowers...ahem...weeds.
They make me so happy.  :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bet you didn't know that this is a Parsley bloom, did'ya??
We moved our chickens to a new location this Fall.  And what was left behind but some AMAZING soil?!
We decided to stick some Collards and Parsley plants in there to see what would happen.  Wouldn't you know it...those plants are monstrous!!  This bloom is super close to my height of 5 foot 10 inches.  HUGE!

Photobucket
This time of year, April, means music festivals, orange blossoms, and...guess what!...my birthday!
Yes, I'll be marking another year this month.  I'm torn between having an early mid-life crisis, or, being excited to finally enter "official" adulthood.  Hmmm...decisions, decisions. 

And now...let us break away from the bondage of plant photos to a new, broader horizon!!!!!
Photobucket
GOATEEEEEES!!

Photobucket
Ahhh, singed marshmallow residue.  A little reminder of the many wonderful bonfires we had this winter.  One lasted till 3am...that wasn't planned.  Good memories...  :)

So, hmm, yes...back to goats!
Photobucket
AWW Matilda!!  (No joke, she's named after my grandmother.)  I love this goat!  :)

Photobucket
"Noooo...NO!!  Don't eat us!  We want to live!!"  X_X
...Sorry...

Photobucket
I love how the Springtime oak leaves are bright green.  Our property is so spacious now that it's been cleared!

Okay, it's official...
Photobucket
I strongly DISlike construction!!!  These men have no respect for the sleeping population.  This morning, I was rudely awakened by the sound of banging, crashing, and thudding.  Not to mention my bedroom was shaking.  Hmph...I am sore displeased.
(By the way, I took this photo looking through a teeny hole in the lattice fencing around our pool.  I didn't want the ruffians to see me spying on them.  There's no privacy anywhere when they're here.)
Oh well, at least it'll all be over soon!  I hope.  :)

And because the weather was just that amazing yesterday, I did a mini-photoshoot with Emily amongst the weeds...ermh...wildflowers. ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Purple...everywhere!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
This makes me happy.  :)

Photobucket
Green fingerless gloves...approve!  :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ah, that was nice.  A break from the real-world to do some much needed blogging.  *contented sigh*
So between the beginning and end of this post, I took a break and did a senior photoshoot.  THAT was fun.  Time with old friends, running around historic downtown, taking pictures...nice.  :)  So I should be posting those on my photography blog within the next few weeks or so.
I made a new header for that blog with some of the photos from this post.  It was relaxing.

OH...and I just posted photos from my first maternity shoot!!!  Such exciting times.  :)

Alright...I'm off to church.  Happy Thursday everyone!
Soli Deo Gloria,
~Anna Grace

6 comments:

Jean Marie said...

You are an AMAAAAZIIIIIIIING photographer!!! SPRING, SPRING, SPRING!!! I am sooo thankful for it this year!! My favorite picture? The flower one with the SUN FLARE!!! Sigh.

Just LOVED hearin' about your life, Anna Grace.

~ Jean Marie

I have plenty of bushes and things that I'd love to plant, hahaha...."I WANT!", and Dads like - "That won't grow here", and I'm like - "WHAT?" HAHAHAA.....

OH! And I LOVE Emily's feathered headdress!! :D

Quentin Voorhees said...

Wow... you truly are gifted with an eye of photography... all those pictures are priceless and marvelous! Wherever you are living its really pretty (or at least the spot you took those pictures at)...
I was truly inspired by those photos, so I went out and took some of my own! I got a picture of a dead bush, some weeds growing in my backyard (which I then pulled out) and this blurry picture... not sure what it was I was trying to take a picture of, but some bug bit me then I feel over and landed on this plant that stings you with little venom stinging thingings. So then I quit and came back in and typed this message with all my bandages on...

But truly, keep your eyes open to the bueaty that God has given to us. He has given you a knac at seeing his creation and capturing it to show those of us who grumble day and night from staring at those white walls of an office and trying not to get angry that the weed you just pulled out of the ground has grown back... *stomp of to go pull that weed... AGAIN*

Brittany said...

Anna, I LOVE the way you write! It's so much fun to read! And your pictures are always AMAZING!!!!!! It is such a blessing to know you and your family- although I don't know you as well as I'd like. :-) Thank you for being such an encouragement!

Laura {{* *}} said...

Contentedness
suits you well.

♥ ewe

{{* *}}

Katie said...

Hello my dear weed-loving friend :) I am so glad you are enjoying Treasure Island! One of my all-time favorites. If you like it, do try Captain Blood next. It's actually even better! I know the name is rather odd, but believe me, he is a principled man and it's a wonderful story. Anyway, love your pictures as always, and I can't wait to celebrate your "mid-life crisis" with you when I come in May :) *hugs*

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so... thankful for the blessing of spring, long waited for this previous winter! Hope that you and your family are doing well~

Blessings,
~Shannon~